As you have probably heard Windows 11 is out now, and we just wanted to let you know where we're at.
Compatibility With BPA Point of Sale
We've done internal testing to examine the compatibility of running our software on Windows 11. At this point we have not identified any issues. BPA Point of Sale seems to be running fine on Windows 11. While we will work to quickly resolve any issues that we discover with BPA Point of Sale on Windows 11, we are advising our customers to wait until it has had some time to mature.
POS Hardware Compatibility
With Windows 11, Microsoft has introduced some new hardware requirements that prevent installation on most current computer systems. As with the majority of POS computers currently in the market, our current systems such as the Elite, Premier, and Dell Point of Sale systems do not include the required TPM 2.0 security module, and are therefore not compatible with Windows 11.
Although we are aware that there are ways to get past these security requirements, we strongly discourage any customers from taking this route as we may not be able to help with any issues that may arise.
Windows 11 minimum system requirements...
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with at least two cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or SoC
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB
- System Firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module 2.0
- Graphics Card: DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: 720p, 8-bit per color channel, at least 9-inch diagonal
- Internet Connection and Microsoft Account: Windows 11 Home requires an active internet connect and a Microsoft Account to complete initial, first-use setup of the operating system, or when switching a device out of Windows 11 Home in S-mode
For a complete list of system requirements, check out Microsoft's Windows 11 specification page.
If you have any questions about BPA's compatibility with Windows 11, feel free to contact our team at 801-336-3303 or on our website at BPAPOS.